Body acne, bacne, and blackheads can make you uncomfortable in your own skin. The good news is that blackheads on your body are easy to control.
No one is thrilled to discover blackheads on their body. It's easy to feel self-conscious when you struggle with body breakouts, but you don't have to cover yourself from head to toe and hope for the best. You can treat body acne effectively.
Why Do I Get Blackheads on My Body?
All blackheads form in the same way: a pore becomes blocked by a plug of sebum, dead skin cells, bacteria, makeup, and dirt. Blackheads may appear on your body if you:
• Wear sweaty clothes
• Are going through puberty, menopause, or another hormonal shift
• Have very oily skin and don't shower frequently
• Use oil-rich skincare products or simply too many products
Can I Prevent Blackheads on My Body?
If you have very oily skin or are going through puberty, you might have breakouts no matter what you do. But you can reduce the frequency and severity of your breakouts with a few simple steps:
• Change your clothes immediately after exercising, sunbathing, or doing anything else that causes you to sweat. When sweat gets trapped in your clothing, it can also get trapped in your pores, triggering a breakout.
• Wear loose, natural-fibre clothing, particularly when you're going to be sweating or in the sun.
• Avoid excessively touching your skin, especially if you're prone to blackheads and breakouts.
• Moisturise your skin daily with an oil-free product. Excessive dryness can lead to dead skin clogging your pores and triggering more breakouts.
• If you have oily skin, shower immediately after exercising or sitting in the sun.
How Do I Treat Blackheads on My Body?
The only difference between the skin on your body and face is that your face tends to be more sensitive. You can use facial blackhead treatments on your body, but a number of manufacturers offer slightly more potent formulas for body acne. Just don't use both simultaneously.
To get the most out of your skincare routine, try the following:
• Wash your skin daily with an anti-acne soap such as Hunter Lab Exfoliating Hand & Body Bar 220g
• Apply a blackhead treatment to any affected areas. asap clearskin bodygel 120ml is a stellar option.
• Gently exfoliate your body twice per week. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, dirt, and debris that can clog your pores. It also reveals fresh, soft skin. asap revitalising bodyscrub 200ml is a perfect option, as it contains both physical and chemical exfoliants (AHAs) for a smoother finish.