You’re in luck if you’re searching for the best Clinique moisturiser out there, because we’ve rounded up the right ones to use on each skin type.
1. Oil-free moisturiser: It goes without saying that the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Pump is one of the best Clinique moisturisers for combination skin. The reasons to fall in love with Dramatically Different moisturiser are clear.
The oil-free gel formula feels nourishing but not sticky or heavy.
The lightweight texture absorbs quickly.
This moisturiser can strengthen your skin’s barrier, which in turn improves long-term moisture retention.
2. Anti-aging night cream: If you’re looking for a night cream for combination skin, Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Night Line Smoothing Cream (Combination Oily to Oily) is a great option. This cream is meant to work with your skin’s nightly cycle of repair. It’s the perfect thing to use if your top skin concerns are fine lines and wrinkles. And of course, it increases hydration levels.
The best Clinique moisturiser for dry skin
3. Hydrating gel-cream: As for the best Clinique moisturiser for dry skin, you can’t go wrong with Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 75ml. Moisture Surge is *the* iconic skincare range from Clinique, and this moisturiser boasts a gel-cream texture that feels cool on the skin. Don’t underestimate its lightweight formula! Powered by Hyaluronic Acid and activated Aloe Water, it packs a serious punch in the hydration department. In fact, it can keep skin moisturised for up to 3 days.
4. A daily moisturiser with SPF: Another top contender for the best Clinique moisturiser for dry skin is Clinique Smart SPF 15 Custom-Repair Moisturizer. We love that this moisturiser feels creamy but never heavy on the skin. Besides upping hydration levels in dry skin, this super moisturiser can also address the appearance of fine lines and strengthen your skin’s barrier for greater water retention. Bonus points are awarded for the added SPF protection that shields you from UVA and UVB rays during the day.
The best Clinique moisturiser for very dry skin
5. Intense hydrating gel-cream: You now know that Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 75ml is one of the best Clinique moisturisers for dry skin. It should come as no surprise that Clinique Moisture Surge Intense 72H Lipid-Replenishing Hydrator is one of the best Clinique moisturisers for very dry skin. The texture is a little richer than that of the original, thanks to Cica (aka Tiger Grass), an ingredient regularly used in Chinese medicine to soothe dry and delicate skin.
6. Water-gel hydrator: Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate also deserves a mention if you’re looking for a Clinique moisturiser for very dry skin. This water-gel hydrator is light in texture but can boost skin’s hydration levels quick smart.
7. Anti-aging daily moisturiser: A great daytime moisturiser for very dry skin is Clinique Superdefense Fatigue + 1st Signs of Age Multi-Correcting Cream SPF15 (Very Dry/ Dry Combination). Silky in texture yet never heavy on skin, this super hydrator carries ingredients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Caffeine to wake up tired-looking skin. Oh, and did we also mention that this moisturiser is free from irritants like SLS, synthetic colours, and alcohol?
The best Clinique moisturiser for oily skin
8. A 24-hour hydrator: Oily skin produces more sebum (oil) but still needs lightweight hydration (water) on a daily basis. Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly is one of the best Clinique moisturisers for oily skin, hands down. Besides being oil-free, the plumping formula can keep your skin hydrated for up to 24 hours. We’re big fans of its water-jelly texture too, which melts into skin on contact and doesn’t leave a sticky film behind.
9. Oil-free moisturiser for acne-prone skin: If you have oily skin *and* a tendency to break out, you might want to try Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Clearing Jelly. Salicylic Acid, the hero ingredient in this product, is the key to curbing unwanted pimples and unclogging your pores yet isn’t too harsh on your skin. Other standout ingredients include:
Zinc to address excess oil,
Hyaluronic Acid to plump your skin, and
Lactobacillus Probiotic Ferment to strengthen your skin’s barrier.
And if you’ve got sensitive skin, you can feel secure in the fact that Clearing Jelly is free from artificial fragrances, sulphites, alcohol, parabens, and mineral oil.
10. Matte-finish daily moistursier: Another moisturiser that comes in at a close second for the best Clinique moisturiser for oily skin is Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer. The oil-free formula is perfect to wear during the day. Tiny blurring particles in the formula can mask the appearance of enlarged pores, making you look peachy-smooth with or without makeup.
There you have it: our analysis of the best Clinique moisturisers for combination, oily, dry, and *very* dry skin types. Now there’s no excuse not to have fresh, plump, and seriously juicy-looking skin.
Discover more of our favourite Clinique products in the guides below...
Brand and product inclusions are at the sole discretion of Adore Beauty. We do not seek or accept payment from brands or individuals listed in our guides.
- 1. The best Clinique moisturisers for combination skin
- 2. The best Clinique moisturisers for dry skin
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 75ml
- Clinique Smart Custom-Repair SPF 15 Moisturizer 15ml
- 3. The best Clinique moisturisers for very dry skin
- Clinique Superdefense Fatigue + 1st Signs of Age Multi-Correcting Cream SPF15 Very Dry/ Dry Combinat
- 4. The best Clinique moisturisers for oily skin