In most contexts, it’s highly desirable: you want your car to shine, you want your shoes to shine and you most definitely want your hair to shine!
But when it comes to skin, nuh-uh. A glistening complexion is…not the healthiest, let’s say.
The good news is that this excess oil is super easy to treat. Just follow our guide below, to make greasy skin a thing of the past!
Why is my skin oily?
An oily complexion is caused by excessive production of sebum (skin oil), due to increased hormone levels – which is why you may notice more break-outs around that time of the month.
You may experience oil all over, or you may have combination skin, meaning it’s only oily some parts, like the forehead, chin or nose.
How to treat oily skin
The sure-fire way to get rid of greasiness is to have a great cleansing routine! And with the Clarisonic, a shine-free face is only one minute away…
- Remove any make-up, especially eye products
- Take the Clarisonic (choose from Mia, Mia 2, Aria or Plus) and your desired brush head. For oily skin, we recommend the Deep Pore Cleansing, whose dual-action bristles will flush out clogging sebum.
- Apply a five cent piece-sized amount of cleanser to the brush. For oily skin, we recommend a gel texture, to soothe and balance.
- Select your desired speed (selected models) and follow the timer, working the Clarisonic in circular motions around your face – 20 seconds on the nose and chin, 20 seconds on the forehead, and 10 seconds for each cheek.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water to remove any reside and gently pat dry.
Perform this routine once a day (or twice morning and night if you like. We acknowledge that using a Clarisonic gets addictive!) and watch that oiliness disappear
Shop Clarisonic here.