Want a flawless mane but can’t give up your favourite hairstyling appliances? Protect yourself! Here’s how you can get your hair to stand up to the heat.
1. Reach for the right tools.
Top-notch dryers such as the Parlux Power Light 385 Ionic & Ceramic Hairdryer are stylist favourites for a very good reason. You’ll see a major difference after the first use.
Always look for ionic and ceramic heat-styling tools. These definitely aren't gimmicks. The right tools can slash the amount of time your hair needs to spend in the heat, whilst preventing the uneven heating pattern that often causes breakage.
2. Grab a brush.
Not ready to invest in a new hairdryer? A high-quality brush can make your DIY blowouts much easier. Opt for a pro-class brush such as the Moroccanoil Ceramic Barrel Brush. A good ceramic brush makes your hair dry faster and actually leaves it looking silkier.
3. Get a good heat-protectant spray.
Even if you’ve got a great brush and hairdryer, you still need a heat-protectant spray. In fact, you should never get your hair hot without using some type of protective product, whether spray, cream, milk, or gel.
On top of that, the sun’s rays are just as damaging as any other source of heat. Always look for a heat protecting spray with UV, such as Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Micro-Fine Finishing Spray.
Regardless of your environment, you need a heat protectant when you blow-dry, straighten, or curl. Ready to start styling? Use your hair goals as a guide to finding the perfect heat-protection product.
If you want…
- Straight hair: Spritz on some evo Icon Welder Hot Tool Shaper for a glossy finish. You'll get protection against humidity too!
- Vibrant colour: Opt for a heat-protectant serum that's formulated to lock in colour. Try Shu Uemura Colour Lustre Thermomilk.
- Strong hair: Reach for a fortifying formula such as Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique. This resurfacing, reinforcing, anti-breakage blow-dry milk keeps fragile hair strong and safe.