Which Glycolic Is Best For You?
If you’re all over cult-status skincare, Alpha-H and Pixi would both be on your radar. Their comparable exfoliating toners, Liquid Gold and Glow Tonic send beauty fanatics into meltdown with their results – but which formula is right for you?
About Alpha-H Liquid Gold:
FYI Liquid Gold is one of our best-selling skincare products. It essentially works like an ‘overnight facial’. It’s no wonder one is sold every minute around the world.
What Are The Benefits?
– Clarifies, brightens & revitalises tired, ageing skin
– Radically improves the texture & appearance of the complexion
– Reduces the appearance of pigmentation, sun damage, fine lines & wrinkles
– Works as a toner, exfoliator & treatment serum
– Increase moisture within the skin
– Designed for mature, sun damaged, prematurely ageing & acne-scarred skin
Liquid Gold’s key ingredients are 5% Glycolic Acid, Licorice Extract and Silk Proteins.
The Best Review?
★★★★★ Amazing product…an absolute life saver! – Jennifer
“I have been using this product for years and I will continue to use if for many more years! I have sensitive, acne prone and combination skin and find this product helps all of my skin concerns. This product evens out my skin tone, reduces the size of my pores, aids the process of getting rid of acne and leaves my skin glowing and fresh! I use this after a double cleanse every second night and can see results almost instantly!”
About Pixi Glow Tonic:
This exfoliating facial toner is a cult-classic with a huge social media and blogger following of loyal users. To give you an idea, it has 280 reviews on Pixi’s website.
What Are The Benefits?
– Gently accelerates cell renewal to reveal a brighter, glowing complexion
– Exfoliates and purifies the skin with Glycolic Acid
– Skin tone is clearer, texture is smoother & more even
– It balances, heals, and soothes for radiant, healthier looking skin
– Refines the appearance of pores and gets rid of dry patches
– Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive; free from alcohol
Pixi’s Glow Tonic contains 5% Glycolic Acid, Aloe Vera and Red Ginseng.
The Best Review:
★★★★★ Best toner ever! – Mona
“I have been using this for about a month now and I can see and feel a huge difference in my skin! My skin is so much smoother and has a nice glow. It has also helped reduce the appearance of my acne and acne scars. If I could give it more than five stars I would! :)”
Although both products contain 5% Glycolic Acid, their complimentary ingredients differ, making them suitable for different skin types. Having used both, I found Pixi’s Glow Tonic to be a gentler formula, suitable for sensitive skin types or normal skin types looking for ‘that radiant glow’. Whereas Liquid Gold, in my opinion, is suitable for someone looking for an intensive treatment product to target specific skin concerns, like acne or pigmentation.
If you’ve used either, I’d love to hear about the results you experienced, so leave me a message in the comments below!
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- Exactly How To Nail ‘No Makeup’ Makeup According To An Expert - January 14, 2019
- Is This Product The Holy Grail Of Moisturisers? - January 14, 2019
- Got Sunburnt & Now You’re Peeling? You Need This ASAP - January 11, 2019