This month, we welcome Kristina Cotic to the Adore Beauty team. A qualified therapist with a passion for facials and waxing, she’ll be working her magic at our Skin Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So let’s get to know her a little better!
The new, smiling face you’ll find at Adore Beauty Skin Centre
1. How long have you been working as a beauty therapist?
I have been working as a qualified therapist for 3 years, spending the majority of my beauty career at
Manhattan Skin and Laser Clinic. There, I focused mostly on waxing and grew a lot as a therapist! It was here that I realised my passion for skin and was very lucky to be working under a therapist with a wealth of knowledge, who also taught the Dermal Degree at Victoria University.
I then moved onto Groom Spa. While there, I got to focus a lot more on my facial clients and built a massive rapport. I was deemed the ‘Brazilian queen’, often running sessions showing the girls my special technique and leaving clients walking out thinking, ” That was the least painful wax I’ve ever had!”
2. What’s your specialty or favourite treatment and why?
I’m always torn with this question, because I love waxing – it’s a treatment where you get to know your client and truly develop a friendship. BUT my heart does sway more towards advanced facials. There’s something so magical about being able to help someone through a skin concern, something that’s been hindering their confidence for a long time and see them flourish and become confident in their own skin.
3. What’s the best thing about beauty therapy?
I would have to say making wonderful connections with people. Being able to be the person they turn to for relaxation and unloading, while still being able to genuinely help with their skin concerns and provide an outstanding treatment.
4. What are your top beauty and skincare tips?
Apart from the usual drinking plenty of water and getting a good night’s rest? Hmmm…
1. Always wear sunscreen. We live in one of the harshest climates and this is something that often gets avoided until we start noticing changes in our skin. Sun protection is one of the best anti-ageing products you can own. This also means applying it daily rain or shine and even if you work indoors.
2. Always, always remove makeup before bed. I usually do a double cleanse just to make sure. At night time is when you’re skin is working its hardest to regenerate new skin cells and bring that wonderful healthy-looking skin to the surface. So we want to allow skin to breathe as well soak up all the active ingredients at night!
3. Start using an exfoliant in a serum form! This was life changing for me. Using a serum with active ingredients means better penetration of your product and is less harsh on the skin than a manual exfoliant. Due to the active ingredients, your skin is also going to feel smoother for much longer!
5. What are your favourite products?
There are many to choose from, so I’m only going to pick a few!
1. Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream: perfect for summer and winter, gives amazing coverage without clogging your skin and a great base for their powders, which I use as well.
2. Ultraceuticals Ultra Energising Mask: I always find myself poor on time and tend to forget to do a mask once a week but this mask is amazing. It brightens up my complexion and leaves me feeling fresh! The best thing is you can actually sleep with it on as well as leave it under the eye area, which does amazing things when I’m running low on sleep. Also perfect for plane trips, too!
3. Benefit Fake Up: Only the best concealer to exist! It has a hydration ring, so it won’t dry your eye area out, while still providing good coverage. It doesn’t rest into your expression lines either – big plus!
6. What do you like to do outside of work?
I’m currently studying nursing, so I find a lot of my spare time is taken up by homework. But when I’m not hitting the books, I love spending time with my fiance, family and friends and taking my dog Bailey for long walks (can’t forget him). I also love a good laugh so I will admit I’m a regular at the Comic’s Lounge! It’s a great stress reliever.
7. Why should we all come down and see you?
If you’re after a place you can come for a chat, have virtually painless waxing or maybe you’re just after some time out to yourself to relax and unwind with a beautiful facial ( a results driven facial, where your concerns are always number one). then I look forward to meeting you all soon!
So don’t delay, make an appointment with Kristina here.