I’ve never quite been able to master the skill of blow-drying my hair, and I admire those who can. I think it’s something about the angle? Or maybe it’s the brush I use? No, wait – I know! It’s because I’m not using a blow-drying styling product (or so I’ve heard).
Apparently blow-drying products can transform your blow-dry results from flat to fab, so I thought I’d go on a mission to find out.
For Holding Power: Kérastase L’Incroyable Blowdry
L’Incroyable Blowdry is for anyone who blowdries their hair. Particularly those whose voluminous blow dry is quick to fall flat, whose curls drop out, or whose sleek, straightened look starts to frizz!
– Offers thermo-protection to up to 230°C
– Creates flawless results with zero hair damage
– Slows hair greasing – so you can get up to 4 days from your blowdry
– Controls frizz for up to 96 hours in 80% humidity
– Product reactivates with heat tools, even at low temperatures
How to Use:
Simply apply the product to damp hair, blow-dry and heat style to set shape. Reactivate the product by reapplying heat and restyle as desired.
For Sleek Styling: Shu Uemura StraightForward Blow Dry Oil
Shu Uemura Straight Forward is a blow dry oil spray designed to compliment sleek, straight blowdries.
– Cuts down time by up to half! (Yes, seriously)
– The oil-based formula gives you smoother, sleeker, shinier hair
– Safe to use on colour-treated hair
– Ideal for creating frizz-free styles
How To Use:
Towel-dry hair and spray the product from mid-lengths to ends. Comb through to spread the product evenly, then section hair before blow-drying.
For Weightless Hold: Neuma NeuStyle Blow Dry Lotion
Hearing the word ‘weightless’ is music to my ears. This formula adds hold, while making hair more manageable.
– Hair feels soft, smooth and with added shine.
– Helps prevent damage from styling and heat tools
– Humidity resistant formula soothes hair and controls frizz
– Protects your hair colour from changing & fading
How To Use:
Distribute evenly to clean, towel dried hair and blow-dry thoroughly for best results.
For Added Volume: evo Mister Fantastic Blow Out Spray
Looking for added texture and fullness from your blowdry? This one’s for you!
– Adds volume and texture to the hair
– Helps to secure styles in place
– Protects hair from heat damage
– Defies the effects of humidity
– Suitable for all hair types, especially long, layered hair
How To Use:
Apply all through the hair from roots to ends, and blow-dry upwards to increase volume at the roots.