Which Fake Lashes are the Best?
This all comes down to personal preference. You might struggle with a sticky strip lash but love the methodical application of individual lashes! If you want fake eyelashes that stay on for weeks, it’s a good idea to visit a professional to get some lash extensions applied.
If you’re looking for something a little less lasting, we have some of the best fake individual eyelashes listed below for you! Individual lashes require a bit more patience, but by applying each strand lash by lash, you’ll achieve a tailored look especially for you.
How Long Do Fake Lashes Last?
You should be able to wear a set of good fake eyelashes 4 or 5 times. You’ll need to keep them clean and safe to get this much wear out of them though. If you don’t keep them clean and continue to wear them, you run the risk of getting an eye infection, which is one of the dangers of fake eyelashes.
To keep strip lashes in good condition, you should clean them with micellar water and a Q-tip, wiping gently across the lash line. Once you’ve finished cleaning your lashes, carefully put them back in their case. So, if you’re wondering, Can fake eyelashes be reused? The answer is yes, they can, but they need to be taken care of.
How Do You Apply Fake Eyelashes?
To apply fake eyelashes, you’ll need to invest in a good lash glue. We’ve listed our favourites below for you. Though putting glue near your eye can seem intimidating at first, once you’ve got the hang of it, it’s a surprisingly easy task.
How to Apply Strip Lashes:
1. Place the lash strip on top of your own lashes.
2. Work out where you need to cut the fake lashes to fit the shape of your eye.
3. Gently cut the lash using nail scissors.
4. Apply a small amount of glue to the strip and wait for it to nearly dry. If you apply the lashes to your lash line when the glue is still wet, they won’t stick. This is probably one of the biggest mistakes when applying lashes.
5. Using tweezers or your fingers, place the lash on top of your own lashes and gently press down at the corners.
6. Wait for everything to dry down before continuing with your makeup.
How to Apply Individual Fake Eyelashes:
1. Make sure your natural lashes are clean and dry. Then get yourself into a comfortable position. This may take some time.
2. Pour some of your lash glue into a little bowl or container.
3. Gently lift the individual lash cluster from your tray with tweezers.
4. Dip the lash into the lash glue to apply a tiny amount. Wait for the glue to get sticky.
5. Position the lash cluster on top of your natural lash where you want it. Apply shorter lashes closer to the inner corner or your eye, medium lengths towards the centre, and longer ones at the outer edge.
6. Once you’ve applied all your lash clusters, gently brush through them with a clean, dry spoolie to detangle.
It’s easy to worry about getting too much glue on your skin. But if you’re wondering - How do you put on fake eyelashes with glue? The best thing you can do is wait until the formula is almost dry and just tacky.
Does Eyelash Glue Damage Lashes?
Eyelash glue is formulated especially for your eyes, so it shouldn’t cause your natural lashes any damage. But if you leave your eyelashes on while you sleep, you could accidently tug at the lash line, which could cause some damage. Are fake eyelashes safe? Fake eyelashes are safe, especially when you cleanse the glue off your eyes before you sleep. There are some super-caring eyelash glues listed below for you to check out.
Applying fake eyelashes without glue is now also possible! Magnetic lashes are the latest trend that you’ll love to try. There’s no glue required. The lashes stick to each other over and under your lash line to give you a fluttery, flirty, full lash. Amazing! And how to remove fake eyelashes that are magnetic? Simply use your fingers to tease apart the magnetic pull, and you’re good to go. No glue, no fuss!