There are 4 key ingredients to look for in an effective anti-puffiness eye cream. We're sharing 3 of our favourite eye treatments that include a mixture of these proven actives.
You want a treatment that works to combat under-eye puffiness, but you're not sure what to look for. Adore Beauty is here to help.
Through the course of this article, we'll touch upon some of the key causes of under eye puffiness. You'll also learn which active ingredients are best suited to the treatment of this complaint. Finally, we'll share our most prestigious recommendations.
Do any of these key triggers seem like they could be causing your under-eye puffiness?
- Allergies (linked to fluid retention and inflammation)
- Diet (high salt)
- Genetics (fat deposition)
- Heat (cause of inflammation and swelling)
- Lifestyle (stress and fatigue)
You've probably ticked a couple of these triggers. Some of these, such as genetics, can only be corrected through in-office treatments or surgery. Others can and should be treated by a combination of lifestyle changes and skincare products.
For example, if your diet is high in salt, your body is likely to accumulate fluid, which is a well-known cause of under-eye puffiness. It's likely your body is sensitive to these effects, so genetics may also play a role. In such a situation, you should:
- Actively moderate your salt intake
- Incorporate an effective anti-puffiness treatment to improve the resilience of skin under the eyes
Have you identified your likely triggers? Now it's time to understand which ingredients are perfect for combatting under-eye puffiness. These fit into four fundamental groups:
- Collagen-builders such as retinoids and vitamin C
- Vasodilators such as caffeine
These ingredients work either by stimulating and shrinking the tissue OR by stimulating collagen synthesis and building skin thickness.
The best eye treatments for puffiness include a mixture of these types of ingredients. We highly recommend the winning formulas of the following three anti-puffiness eye creams.
1. StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment
StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment covers three of the four key ingredient groups for combatting under-eye puffiness. This is a potent yet nonirritating eye cream that's been carefully formulated, optimised, and patented. This is skincare technology at its best.
StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment reduces puffiness by increasing the firmness of skin in the under-eye area. This means that even if your puffiness is triggered by genetics, it can be ameliorated.
The anti-puffiness active ingredients in StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment include:
- Retinol (a retinoid to firm and help smooth fine lines)
- Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, palmitoyl oligopeptide, dipeptide-2 (peptides)
- Avena sativa (oat) kernel extract (anti-inflammatory)
2. HydroPeptide Eye Authority
As the name of HydroPeptide Eye Authority serum suggests, this effective anti-puffiness remedy contains a multitude of active peptides. The formulation is packed with actives, partnering peptides with vitamin C (a well-known collagen-builder) and several anti-inflammatories.
This product's primary active ingredients are listed below, but there are many more actives in HydroPeptide Eye Authority serum:
- Acetyl hexapeptide-30, dipeptide diaminobutroyl benzylamide diacetate, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3 (to name a few, with a total of 10 peptide actives in this formulation)
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C)
- Camellia sinesis (white tea) leaf extract (anti-inflammatory)
- Echinacea purpurea extract (anti-inflammatory)
3. Thalgo Collagen Eye Roll-On
Puffiness around the eyes is usually a sign of fluid retention. Regardless of the cause, fluid accumulation is usually drained via the lymphatic system, which sometimes needs a little help.
Thalgo Collagen Eye Roll-On combines active anti-puffiness ingredients with the mechanical action of a roller. The roll-on applicator creates a gentle massaging action to promote drainage of excess fluid through your nearest lymph nodes.
Active ingredients in Thalgo Collagen Eye Roll-On:
- Controlled-release caffeine (vasodilator)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract (a yeast extract that increases skin resilience)
If you need any further help choosing an eye treatment for puffy eyes, don't hesitate to contact a friendly member of our trained beauty team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9486 7179.