Official Stockist of Kester Black. Unique. Ethical. Local. High-quality. Ten-free. Vegan. Kester Black offer a high-shine, chip resistant and environmentally-conscious nail polish in trend-inspired shades.
Anyone who says that cosmetics don't have magical mood-altering properties, clearly has not had a pedicure. That pure bliss you get upon staring down at your gorgeous little toes is enough to rid the mind of whatever was previously bothering it. Suddenly, all is right with the world and life is beautiful... especially when you are using the more nourishing nail polish option, Kester Black! This home-grown brand has been making some serious waves in the beauty world and it's easy to see why.
Kester Black has a "ten-free formula", meaning they don't use toluene, DBP, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin or camphor. Goodbye, damaged nails!
It is also free from xylene, parabens, phthalates, or any ingredients derived from animals. Kester Black nail polish is also free from ethyl tosylamide and triphenyl phosphate.
Kester Black is environmentally-conscious and committed to supporting the local industry. This means using recyclable materials, producing minimal wastage and remaining Australian-made and owned.
Kester Black is totally animal-friendly. All of their products have Choose Cruelty-Free and Vegan Society accreditation, and at no stage is there animal testing or animal-derived ingredients, not even by their suppliers.
Kester Black polish DOES. NOT. CHIP. The only reason you will ever need to remove your manicure isn't because it's coming off, rather because you're bursting to try the other amazing shades! These are high impact, runway-inspired colours…I mean, how many other brands have collaborated with trend-setters such as O&M and Trophy Wife?
Have your cake and eat it, too – nails CAN be healthy and varnished.'
Want to know how to get some cool designs going on your digits? Follow these Kester Black tutorials:
The Beetle Wings
1. Paint on two coats of your favourite coloured nail polish.
2. Using a fine brush, take a different colour and draw a curved line from the middle of the nail tip out towards the lower edge. This will for the first wing
3. Repeat it on the other side, completing the opposite wing.
4. Fill in the wings with solid colour, using a regular nail polish brush.
5. Apply a clear top coat, to set the look.
1. Paint two coats of your favourite coloured nail polish.
2. Using the end of a toothpick or bobby pin, apply a line of dots along the nail tip. Be sure it's a suitable contrasting colour!
3. Dot a second line underneath, this time spacing them out a bit more.
4. Continue to apply more rows of dots, spacing them out more and more until you achieve a cascading effect.
5. Finish with a clear top coat,, to seal in the look.
Tip: To ensure maximum wear for your manicure, always wipe nail polish remover over your fingernails before applying any colour, regardless of whether you are wearing any polish or not. It will help to remove any oily residue and create a clean surface. Also, once your desired polish has been applied, put on a top coat then and there, plus every two days afterwards.