If you’ve got damaged hair (guilty) and you like your products vegan and cruelty free (another yes) you’re going to want to know about K18. This brand makes just the one product, but it’s a winner: the K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Mask. It’s a hair treatment, but not as you know it. Stay with us for a bit more about this seriously exciting brand.
What kind of hair is the K18 hair mask best for?
So this one is less about a type of hair, and more about the condition that hair is in. Whether your hair is fine or thick, if it’s damaged, over-processed and compromised, this treatment has your name on it. The thing to remember here is that this is a mask you don’t rinse out: if you think that’s likely to be too heavy for your hair, you’ll want to get the smaller size first and try it out.
How should I use the K18 hair mask?
We don’t want to sound dramatic, but when it comes to this little beauty, you need to throw out your usual ideas about how to use a hair treatment. Here’s the correct order of operations:
- First, wash your hair. A strong start.
- Then, towel it dry. You want it to be damp rather than dripping wet.
- Now, it’s time to apply your K18 peptide mask. Start with one pump, and work it through your hair from root to tip.
- If you have short or fine hair, this will be enough. It may even be too much - err on the side of caution. But if you have long, thick, very damaged hair, you’ll want another pump or two.
- Wait four minutes. Do not rinse.
- We mean it, don’t rinse.
- Now’s the time to apply any other products you usually get involved with. Style your hair however you’d like.
How does the K18 hair treatment work?
In short: it repairs the keratin bonds in your hair. They may have been damaged by colouring, by heat, or by physical styling (likely a combo of the three) but regardless, the K18 hair mask will repair those bonds.
K18 is made with a patented peptide which helps to repair the links between keratin cells, and because you don’t rinse it out, that effect continues after you’ve applied. We’re talking real, visible change, friends.
Adore Beauty is an authorised retailer of K18, and all its brands. Shop now with free shipping, Afterpay and Klarna available.