Choosing vegan doesn't have to cause eye strain. Forget ingredients lists and instead choose a vegan shampoo and conditioner brand. Our three vegan haircare heroes cover every mane need.
Shampoo and conditioner: two products you'd never expect to contain animal derivatives or by-products. When you commit to a vegan bathroom cupboard and makeup bag, it's oh-so-surprising what you find.
The biotin, keratin, silk powder, and collagen found in many shampoos and conditioners may all be derived from animals. This short list is just a sample of the animal products to be found in haircare.
If the idea of inspecting labels seems daunting, there's a way to make converting to vegan beauty easy. No need to break out the magnifying glass or memorise all possible animal derivatives. Instead, only buy vegan-friendly brands.
Let us introduce you to the three haircare brands all vegans should know.
1. Pureology: a friend to vegans with coloured hair
Psst! Even if you've never coloured your hair, Pureology gives you great results.
Shampoos for colour-treated hair are formulated with gently cleansing actives that prolong colour and boost shine. Two benefits that coloured hair often needs.
Pureology's vegan shampoo and conditioner range is also free of oil-stripping sulphates known to dry and damage hair. That's a plus for coloured and uncoloured tresses alike.
We personally enjoy:
- Pureology Precious Oil System for especially damaged hair
- Pureology Strength Cure System for micro-scarred hair that struggles to shine
- Pureology Hydrate System for extra-gentle everyday care
2. Green People: a vegan and vegetarian range of beauty products
Natural: tick. Organic: tick. Vegan: tick. What more could you ask of Green People?
Best known for skincare, Green People also offers a vegan-friendly shampoo and conditioner range just waiting to be discovered by you.
For intensive conditioning, we recommend the following potent pairing:
- Green People Moisturising Shampoo for Curly/Tangled Hair
- Green People Moisturising Conditioner for Curly/Tangled Hair
For hair exposed to daily sunshine, we recommend this defensive duo:
When hair feels lank, dull and greasy, we recommend these purifying partners:
- Green People Clarifying Vitamin Shampoo for Detox & Shine
- Green People Clarifying Vitamin Conditioner for Detox & Shine
3. Aesop: great-smelling, vegan-friendly haircare for all
Australian-raised beauty brand Aesop isn't only beautiful on the outside. Aesop's naturally based product range is now also 100% vegan friendly—and guess what? The brand also creates fabulous shampoos and conditioners ... and hair oils ... and hair balms.
We'll let you investigate for yourself, but not before we share our team favourites:
- Aesop Nurturing Conditioner for superior shine and softness
- Aesop Volumising Conditioner for fullness you once envied but now can attain
- Aesop Shine: at last, a vegan hair oil without petrochemical derivatives!
Our complete range of vegan haircare can be found in our vegan shop. If you're in any doubt about the ingredients listed, our team of haircare specialists is always ready to help. Email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 03 9486 7179.