Need a new hand cream? Overwhelmed by the crazy number of options out there? Here are a few key ingredients you'll want to search for when you’re shopping.
Need a new hand cream? Overwhelmed by the crazy number of options out there? Here are a few key ingredients you'll want to search for when you’re shopping. Proven effective, these top four hand cream ingredients will restore and revitalise your skin.
One of the most beloved natural moisturisers on the planet, vitamin E is the gold standard of skincare ingredients. Proven to improve your skin’s natural UV defence, vitamin E is present in a wide range of sunscreens, after-sun creams, anti-ageing products, and, of course, moisturisers.
- MOR Hand Cream in Honey Nectar is a deliciously fragranced, lightweight choice. Enriched with vitamin E and infused with coconut and sesame oils, this cream leaves your skin feeling smooth.
- L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream is loaded with shea butter and vitamin E. This is the perfect non-greasy hand cream for daily use. The light cherry blossom scent is easy to love too.
SPF is the number one anti-ageing ingredient for any area of the body. Since our hands generally don't get quite as much sunscreen attention as the rest of our skin, they tend to show age first.
Top hand cream picks with SPF:
- Alpha-H Protection Plus Hand Cream SPF 50+ offers maximum sun protection plus antioxidant vitamins C and E.
- Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Correcting Hand Cream SPF 15 boasts protective chemical sunscreens plus chamomile and shea butter to soothe and hydrate skin.
Shea butter is one of the oldest remedies for dry skin. This stuff is rich in vitamins A, E, and essential fatty acids. Shea improves skin's barrier function and naturally offers a small amount of UV protection.
- Weleda Pomegranate Hand Cream is packed with reparative sesame oil, antioxidants, and organic shea butter to soothe your skin in an instant.
- L'Occitane Shea Extra Gentle Lotion for Hands & Body adds oat to reduce inflammation and honey for natural antibacterial benefits. This is a perfect hand cream for any skin type or issue.
Glycerine is an important ingredient found naturally in the skin. When combined with other ingredients, this powerful humectant seals in moisture and helps keep your skin's natural barrier strong and healthy.
Top hand cream picks with glycerine:
- Jurlique Jasmine Hand Cream is made with safflower oil, honey, glycerine, aloe vera, and chamomile to calm and protect skin. Jasmine also helps to soothe and soften while providing a light, lovely scent.
- La Roche–Posay Cicaplast Hand Cream is a potent treatment that helps repair environmental damage with antioxidants such as niacinamide. Glycerine, as mentioned, helps keep the skin barrier intact.