Your Favourite Japanese Foundation Has Had A Face Lift
I’ve written about Koh Gen Do’s Aqua Foundation before – and it flew off our shelves back then (FYI makeup artists and countless celebs love this product).
The only difference I’ve noticed is that it’s slightly more buildable, and the packaging has changed to a lighter slimline bottle, compared to the heavy, bulky glass bottle (which wasn’t makeup artist or travel-friendly).
View this post on Instagram
Is This Foundation For You?
If you’re looking for a foundation with light coverage and a naturally dewy finish, Koh Gen Do’s Maifanshi Aqua Foundation will tick all your boxes. My only gripe with this foundation is the limited shade range (I believe they’re workin’ on it). But let’s cover the details about the formula itself:
– It adds luminosity & brightens the skin with subtle reflective particles
– The lightweight, serum-like texture is buildable & buffs easily into the skin
– The formula reduces the appearance of pores & fine lines for a soft focus effect
– Contains minerals, botanical emollients & extracts to benefit the skin
– The sheer-medium coverage is easily customisable & gives a smooth, even finish
– It’s hydrating, comfortable & long-wearing
The Skin-Loving Ingredients:
Suitable for all, but ideal for normal-dry skin types in particular, this Koh Gen Do formula boasts a number of skin nourishing ingredients, including minerals from the deep waters of Bretagne, France.
Jojoba Seed Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, protective antioxidants and vitamins A, D & E, so it helps to hydrate the skin and fight premature ageing. Olive Squalane maintains hydration levels and prevents moisture loss, while Shea Butter leaves the skin feeling smooth and supple with its concentration of skin-replenishing fatty acids.
The Aqua Foundation also contains SPF25 to protect the skin from damaging UV rays, making it a suitable daytime foundation.
★★★★★ The best is better! – Christie
“I don’t know how Koh Gen Do continue to have the quality and finish on this luxurious foundation! I loved this before but the new formula is even better! The innovation and technology has made all the difference and I am more beautiful because of it.”
★★★★★ Beautiful light coverage – Britt
“After using Bare Minerals for years, this foundation has been a breath of fresh air. It’s light and blendable, without feeling like I’m caking my face with foundation. It reduces redness without looking unnatural.”
★★★★★ The best – Andrea
“I have used Chanel , Armani, Guerlain , YSL and La Mer, and this is the BEST foundation I have ever used . I love the entire line from skincare to makeup products and highly recommend Koh Gen Do.”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- We Swear By This Product For Banishing Dull Skin - 10/12/2018
- Why Gisele, Chrissy & Kim All Sleep On Silk Pillowcases - 10/12/2018
- Eyeliner Every Way: Classic, Glossy, Glitter - 10/12/2018