Why We’re Spreading Avocado On Our Faces (Not Just On Our Toast)
A Sunday brunch favourite of nearly every Australian, and the apparent reason our Gen Y population can’t afford to buy houses – the humble avocado has quite the reputation.
As a food, I risk being heckled in saying that I feel it’s overrated. In skincare, however, avocado (more specifically, avocado oil) could be the next ‘it’ ingredient.
View this post on Instagram
Why Is Avocado Oil Good For The Skin?
– It’s extremely rich in vitamins, including A, B, D & E
– Contains a high level of potassium, amino acids & essential fatty acids
– Avocado oil acts as an exceptional emollient & moisturising ingredient
– It quickly penetrates deep into the skin, helping transport beneficial nutrients
– It has powerful antioxidant properties which target environmental aggressors
– Helps to fight the signs of ageing like fine lines & sun damage
– Anti-inflammatory properties also help to soothe & calm irritated skin
View this post on Instagram
Get Your Avo Fix:
Now that you know all the benefits, I’d better introduce you to some skincare products that actually contain this miracle ingredient so you can start reaping the benefits yourself.
– Nutrient-rich & certified-organic, this oil lifts dull, stressed & damaged skin
– The hydrating formula boosts collagen production for more youthful skin
– Enriched with a blend of vitamins, essential fatty acids & botanicals
– Restores luminosity for a brighter, more radiant complexion
★★★★★ Best! – Laurie
“This is honestly a little bottle of magic. My skin is really dry and I get breakouts, both of which haven’t been big issues since adding this face oil to my skincare routine! It glides on beautifully, is absorbed really quickly, is light and surprisingly not at all greasy. Did I mention that my skin stays hydrated all day AND I’ve had far less acne? Amazing!”
– Deeply moisturises skin, helping to prevent dark circles & fine lines
– Avodaco Oil & Shea Butter hydrate the eye area banishing dry, dull skin
– Antioxidant-rich Vitamin E provides protection against free radical damage
– The lightweight, creamy texture blends seamlessly into the delicate under-eye skin
★★★★★ Great eye cream – Abbey
“The cream is thick and sticky at first when applied but the delicate skin around the eye area quickly absorbs it all. I applied this morning and night and woke up to supple and nourished skin, even my dark circles had been dramatically reduced. Fine lines seem to fill out as well. I leave this cream in the fridge and it is perfect for applying on baggy eyes.”
– This cream formula contains mineral-rich mud to cleanse & nourish skin
– Strengthens & softens the skin with a gentle blend of ingredients
– Contains Avocado and Rose extracts to condition and hydrate the skin
– Chamomile and Aloe Vera extracts soothe the skin
★★★★★ Dreamy – Carrie
“I love this product. It’s gentle on my sensitive (eczema and breakout prone) skin, yet leaves my skin feeling clean and clear. I have used other cream cleansers, which haven’t left me with that fresh/clean feeling. It smells absolutely gorgeous too! I’m totally hooked on Pixi products now!”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- Exactly How To Nail ‘No Makeup’ Makeup According To An Expert - January 14, 2019
- Is This Product The Holy Grail Of Moisturisers? - January 14, 2019
- Got Sunburnt & Now You’re Peeling? You Need This ASAP - January 11, 2019