How-To: Choose The Best Natural Sunscreen For Your Kids
If you and your family are currently in the process of switching to a more natural way of living, don’t forget that some of your commonly used skincare products, like children’s sunscreen, will need to be substituted too.
But how do you trust a natural sunscreen to give your kids the same sun protection that a chemical sunscreen can?
Little Innoscents Sun Lotion SPF30 makes a great mineral alternative to your usual go-to kids’ sunscreen, thanks to its zinc-based formula.
Why Trust Little Innoscents For Your Kids?
– It’s a mineral based formula with Zinc Oxide as the only active ingredient
– Provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
– Packed with skin-soothing Vitamin E, Organic Green Tea & Cucumber
– Contains nourishing ingredients like Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil & Rosehip extract
– It’s an affordable option at under $20
– Provides the skin with instant protection from the harsh, drying sun
– It contains no preservatives, parabens or chemical absorbers
– It’s suitable for sensitive skin and is fragrance free
– It’s safe to use on children from 6 months of age
– It has a sun protection rating of SPF30 & is water resistant
What You Need To Know:
Little Innoscents Sun Lotion SPF30 is a physical sunscreen, so it uses Zinc Oxide to create a physical, reflective barrier between the sun and the skin. Not only does Zinc Oxide provide broad spectrum protection, but it has been used as a treatment for nappy rash and other skin irritations, too.
I bet you’re wondering why it’s not SPF50. A common misconception about sunscreen is that the higher the number, the better the protection. In fact, a lower SPF rating just means you need to apply it more regularly – you’re still getting the same protection.
The reason this formula isn’t SPF50 is pretty simple – the consistency would just be too gluggy and hard to rub in, as Zinc Oxide has a rather thick texture naturally. Keeping the SPF rating at 30 allows the formula to be easily rubbed in to the skin, without leaving that white cast or feeling super heavy.
What’s Everyone Saying?
★★★★★ My favourite sunscreen! – Hayley
“I was looking for an organic sunscreen that does not contain far too many nasty ingredients and I found this one. The texture is perfect, it doesn’t leave any white residue and smells nice.”
★★★★★ Only sunscreen I use for both my children and I – Sarah
“It’s great to know that I’m not putting any toxins on our skin but we are still protected from the harsh sun. Would recommend it to everyone.”
★★★★★ Amazing product – Loretta
“My daughter has very sensitive skin and gets never ending eczema. I had tried more than 8 different brands of sun care products and none of them seems to work. Surprisingly this works for her. Full protection which won’t leave a white sticky residue.”
★★★★★ Maximum protection and doesn’t leave white sticky residue – Alex
“This sun lotion kept my bub protected and safe under the scorching hot Queensland sun. This sun lotion is perfect for the whole family, from grandma to our little 3-year-old.”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate, Sodashi Enzyme Face Polish and Revlon Professional Nutri Colour Creme.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- The Emergency Mask That Could Save Your Winter Skin - 07/20/2018
- Have You Heard About The Soap Trick? - 07/20/2018
- This Is What Turmeric Does To Your Skin - 07/20/2018