This Is My All-Time Favourite Makeup Brand For Glowy Skin
I say it’s my favourite makeup brand for glowy skin, but really, it’s just my favourite makeup brand in general. Hands down. If you haven’t worked it out yet, I’m talking about Laura Mercier.
Laura Mercier is always my go-to. Why? Because I love light coverage and a natural-looking finish, and I feel like this brand absolutely nails that brief. So what’s in my makeup bag right now?
My Multi-Purpose Primer:
Who doesn’t love a multi-purpose beauty solution? I know I do (especially when I’m trying to save space in my makeup bag).
– Use it underneath your foundation like a traditional primer
– Or use my little trick and mix it into your foundation/tinted moisturiser
– It can also be used as a liquid illuminator above the cheek bones & brow bones
– This primer creates a soft focus effect to minimise the look of imperfections
– It’s pearlescent formula gives the skin a glowing, radiant finish
– Leaves makeup looking fresh and colour-true the entire day
★★★★★ Smooth and silky – Kimberley
“This is a beautiful primer. It gives me a beautiful glow and evens out the texture of my skin before I apply my foundation. A tube lasts me quite a few months even though I use it everyday so is great value for money. Feels better than any high price primer I have ever used. I will never change brands now. This will always be my favourite.”
My Ultimate Daily Coverage:
This is my absolute must-have product. If anyone ever asks me for a tinted moisturiser recommendation, this is it. I use shade Bisque and it is perfect for my skin tone, the formula agrees with my skin and doesn’t cause any congestion, and even when used daily, the tube lasts me forever (especially when I mix it with the Radiance Primer).
– Has a buildable coverage that can be easily customised from light-medium
– Suitable for all skin types, especially acne prone, sensitive & oily skin
– Has a sheer, lightweight formula which helps control oil breakthrough
– Provides hydration to prevent dryness and offers SPF protection
– Available in 6 shades so you can find the perfect one for you
★★★★★ The very best! – Margaret
“I admit that I’m a sucker for a new product or brand, but this tinted moisturiser always wins me back. It is simply the best foundation out there, in my opinion. It is light but offers very good coverage, lasts all day and gives a subtle glow. What’s not to love? I’ve been using it for years and have decided now that I won’t try another new foundation as they always disappoint in comparison to this.”
My Luminous Finishing Powder:
This is the most recent Laura Mercier addition to my growing collection, and once again, I wasn’t disappointed. I use this powder over the top of my tinted moisturiser just to set everything in place and warm up my skin.
– It’s a multi-purpose pressed powder formula
– Gives the skin a luminous glow, diffusing the appearance of imperfections
– Your makeup is set without giving a ‘flat’ unnatural finish
– You can customise the finish and the coverage
– Available in 5 shades from fair to medium-deep
★★★★★ A must-have for glowy skin – Joanna
“This powder is a staple in my everyday beauty routine. I’m not big on foundation for daily wear, so I dust this powder over my tinted moisturiser, and it gives my skin a boost of luminosity and a hint of colour, which is exactly what I want from a ‘perfecting powder’. It does have a very slight shimmer to it, only noticeable in the sun, that’s the only thing I’d be wary of as I know some other people want to avoid shimmer altogether.”
My Soft Illuminating Highlighter:
If you’re like me and you are wanting a beautiful, soft glow from your highlighter, I highly recommend this one. It’s a lower intensity highlighter (compared to others), so it doesn’t give you that full on shimmer, just a subtle ‘lit from within’ look.
– Long-lasting formula with a sheer, matte finish
– Baked powder formula, which picks up easily on a powder brush
– I use 01-Highlight from this shade range
– Intensity can be built up for a more obvious shimmer
★★★★★ Soft Glow – Jacqueline
“I purchased the Highlighter, and being fair skinned with red hair, I was looking for something with a soft glow and I found the product! The highlight gives a nice soft glow without looking like a disco ball! The product as a whole is fantastic and the price is great!”
This article would’ve never ended if I had chosen to talk about every single product I’m using from the range, so I’ll just slip in one more favourite here in case I’ve won you over…
I’m currently using the new Laura Mercier Brow Dimension Fiber Infused Colour Gel in Brunette, which tints the brows while keeping them in place, so you can create that natural brushed-up feathery look.
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate, Sodashi Enzyme Face Polish and Revlon Professional Nutri Colour Creme.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- Cindy Crawford’s Secret To Getting Rid Of Pillow-Face In The Morning - 07/13/2018
- This Jelly Highlighter Is A Beauty Gamechanger - 07/13/2018
- What’s Inside These Skincare Capsules? - 07/13/2018