This Foundation Contains SPF50…And It’s Actually Good
I know people can get scared off by foundations that contain SPF, but as I sit here writing this article in 44
After all, if you’re not wearing your SPF foundation at night in front of a camera flash, we won’t have an issue. And when it comes to Ella Baché’s Suncover Great SPF50 Foundation, I can also assure you this is one of the best high protection formulas going around.
What You Need To Know:
– Ella Baché’s Suncover Great SPF50 Foundation has a light-medium coverage
– It has a natural, dewy finish which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines
– Protects skin against harmful UVA/UVB damage thanks to its SPF50 rating
– Enriched with antioxidant Green Tea to help combat free radical damage
– Has a creamy, blendable texture that melts into the skin leaving it hydrated & glowing
– Jojoba & Lanolin protect, moisturise & comfort the skin
Usually when reviewing a foundation, I’d expect there to be an extensive shade range of at least 20+ shades, but on this occasion I’m happy to excuse the fact that Ella Baché’s Suncover Great SPF50 Foundation is currently only available in four shades – cream beige, light beige, medium beige and dark beige. Yep, that’s a lot of beige.
I know how tricky it is to formulate products with such a high SPF and still have them turn out as they should, so kudos to Ella Baché for being able to formulate such a nice foundation that caters to Aussie conditions. Fingers crossed we see some more shades in the future.
I’ll be honest with you, I wasn’t expecting to love this product. When I first swatched it on my hand, I thought for sure that it’d be too thick for me.
But I was proven wrong. The formula actually glided on much smoother than I expected, and as I buffed it in with my Expert Face Brush, it gave my skin a naturally dewy, healthy-looking finish which is exactly what I look for in a foundation. It was also easily buildable in areas I wanted more coverage.
With the added bonus of broad-spectrum sun protection, surprisingly it doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on the skin, plus it has a pleasant (only slightly sunscreen-y) smell.
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- The Concentrated Treatment You Can Add To Any Routine - February 15, 2019
- Everything You Want To Know About Getting A Lash Lift, Answered - February 15, 2019
- I Bought This Brush Set For Under $25. This Is My Verdict - February 15, 2019