I often get asked which skincare products should be used in conjunction with needling, and to be honest I think the answer varies for everyone, so I usually steer away from giving a specific answer. But given I’ve been seeing a lot of mixed messages around this recently, I thought I’d throw an option out there for beginners.
Firstly, What Is Needling?
Also known as micro-needling or
Which Product Should Beginners Use When Needling?
If you’ve just started skin needling at home, or you’re new to the skincare game in general, my advice to you is, don’t go too hard too early. If you’ve never really used active skincare before and suddenly you’re needing and lathering on
Instead, support your skin’s natural recovery process before jumping into the hardcore stuff. Bioderma Cicabio Crème is a good option – it’s a soothing and repairing cream specifically designed for post-treatment, so it’s ideal after needling, peels, laser treatment, hair removal etc.
– Soothes discomfort including irritation, redness, overheating & scaliness
– Helps to restore, strengthen & support the function of the skin
– Relieves any painful & itching sensations, reducing the urge to scratch
– Added zinc in this healing formula prevents the growth of bacteria
– Forms a breathable protective film for optimum skin comfort
– Moisturising agents add much-needed hydration to dry, damaged skin
If You’re Already A Needling Pro:
I personally use a lot of actives, but when needling I prefer to focus mainly on hydration (and find I increase my chance of irritation with the stronger stuff). So these are the products I’m recommending for those of you who are already needling experts (you can still apply the Bioderma Cicabio over these serums):
Haven’t Bought A Dermaroller Yet?
Luckily, we’ve got you covered with Lonvitalite’s Microneedle Derma Roller Face & Body Kit, which literally has everything you need. It comes with four separate removable titanium heads of varying needle sizes for use on the face, around the eyes, on the body and specific concern areas.