The Foundation That Looks Like Skin & Feels Like Nothing
I’m calling it: this is the best foundation I’ve tried from Benefit.
I’m all about seeing skin come through under your foundation, so I often opt for lighter coverage – and I think Benefit have nailed this formula.
Tell Me More:
Okay, so Hello Happy is categorised as a ‘soft blur’ foundation – which essentially means that you’ll still see freckles, but it’ll help to soften the appearance of imperfections in texture and tone.
– It has a weightless, comfortable to wear formula (seriously, weightless)
– Gives the skin a satin-matte finish with light-medium coverage
– Depending on application technique, you can build up coverage
– Extremely easy to customise to a dewier or more matte finish
– Shade range varies across fair to deep skin tones
– Feels like nothing on your skin but wears really well throughout the day
– This formula contains SPF15+
– Packaged in super cute bottles colour-coded by shade
Hello Happy is available in 12 shades from very fair to deep, numbered accordingly. Yes, I’m used to seeing a more extensive shade range, but luckily shade 2 was a good fit for me. Can you find your shade?
I find this foundation really easy to customise when it comes to both coverage and finish. If I want a light coverage, I’ll apply it with a damp blending sponge aided by my fingertips, and for a medium coverage I’ll apply it with a foundation brush first, then a second layer with a damp blending sponge.
I tend to choose dewier foundations, and this has what I’d consider a satin finish. So to get that dewy look I’m after, I mix in a drop of facial oil with my moisturiser before applying (or you could also use an illuminating primer). For a matte finish, pair Hello Happy with the POREfessional Primer.
What’s The Verdict?
★★★★★ So happy I found it! – Deborah
“You will feel like your are not wearing any foundation, but fine lines and redness are blurred. After 11 hrs it doesn’t break down or cake up anywhere, not even under my “mature” eyes! I added liquid highlighter over, some setting powder where needed and a quick setting spray and wow… All day makeup!”
★★★★★ Very pleased & very impressed! – Latasha
“First off, I want to start by saying this is everything I want in a foundation. Although I need a little more coverage, this can be built up from a light to a medium coverage. I am very oily and I find that this really blurs my pores and it does keep my skin looking matte throughout the day. The finish makes my skin look super flawless and healthy and doesn’t even feel like it’s there at all. This product is a new holy grail for me!”
★★★★★ This foundation is fantastic! – Blair
“It is light-medium coverage and has SPF 15 that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. The biggest advantage though is that the shade 4 matches my skin tone perfectly. It is amazing. The packaging is also adorable. I have very dry skin and this doesn’t cling to dry patches and it doesn’t make my skin drier. It lasts all day- even in humidity. Highly recommend!”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- The Concentrated Treatment You Can Add To Any Routine - February 15, 2019
- Everything You Want To Know About Getting A Lash Lift, Answered - February 15, 2019
- I Bought This Brush Set For Under $25. This Is My Verdict - February 15, 2019