How-To: Save Your Skin From A Post-Makeup Meltdown
For those of us that wear makeup regularly, trying to maintain perfectly calm and clear skin in between can be a real challenge. I mean, realistically, we all know makeup isn’t good for our skin, particularly if we’re prone to congestion or acne – but what can you do about it? Well, I’ve just discovered this new product to solve you post-makeup woes, and it’s a godsend.
What You Need To Know:
You’ve heard of Skindinavia, right? The brand that makes amazing setting sprays? Well, we can now thank them for making their Post Makeup Recovery Spray (which I want to make clear, is not a setting spray). This product was developed in partnership with leading makeup artists, and is personally recommended by Wayne Goss to use on the skin after removing makeup.
– The hero ingredient of this facial mist is Zinc
– It works to keep pores clear, as well as reduce & prevent breakouts
– Zinc can also assist in controlling excess oil production
– Research shows supplementing skin with Zinc can reduce breakouts by 50%
– The formula has a soothing, anti-inflammatory effect on the skin
– This spray also contains Witch Hazel to control oil & seal in moisture
– It contains antioxidants to protect the skin from damage
– The formula is non-comedogenic, cruelty-free & paraben-free
– It’s suitable for all skin types
How To Use:
The ultra-fast penetrating formula of Skindinavia’s Post Makeup Recovery Spray is applied when pores are most receptive to nutrients, within five minutes of removing makeup.
If you’re prone to problematic skin, make sure you’re using a suitable cleanser for your skin type – and I recommend double cleansing to ensure you remove all traces of residual makeup. Alpha-H Triple Action Cleanser is a great option.
Immediately post-cleansing, pat your face dry and spritz the Post Makeup Recovery Spray over the skin. Allow it to absorb before applying the remainder of your skincare products.
Whats Everyone Saying?
When I first read about this product, I wondered whether it was a bit of a mediocre product aimed at the most vulnerable of skin types. But after putting it to the test, I’m confident it’s not – and Wayne Goss agrees so…
★★★★★ Pleasantly surprised! – Emma
“To be honest I thought this product may be a bit of a gimmick. However, after using it routinely after removing my makeup I’ve found that my pores have been clearer and smoother with no break outs. Will repurchase in full size.”
★★★★★ Great spray – The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter
“This really is a great spray, and I love that it is made without parabens and is alcohol free, I also really love that with continued use, I feel that its anti-inflammatory ingredients has helped normalise the oil production in my skin and reduce breakouts and blemishes from developing, while soothing my skin and making it look clearer and fresher. If you combination or oily skin, and suffer with breakouts, then you really should check this one out. ”
★★★★★ Recommend! – Kate Loves Makeup
“As someone who has very acne-prone skin, I tend to break out when I wear a lot of makeup. So, I was thrilled to see Zinc (proven to reduce breakouts) as one of the main ingredients. I would definitely recommend this product if you like to wear makeup and your skin is prone to breakouts. Most cleansers are too harsh and can be overly drying for your skin but this product is gentle yet effective.”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- The Shampoo Everyone With Dry, Brittle Hair Falls In Love With - December 7, 2018
- The Holy Grail Eye Serum That Resembles Unicorn Tears - December 7, 2018
- Spice Up Your Life (Or Lips) With A Nod To The 90s - December 7, 2018