Pre-Shampooing: It’s A Thing
Nope, it’s not a gimmick; pre-shampooing is now in vogue. I know it sounds like a totally unnecessary step in your haircare regime reserved for people with too much time on their hands, but in reality it’s kind of just a hair mask in reverse. And I love that concept.
Designed for dull, damaged hair, the two pre-shampoo treatments I’ve been trying are formulated to revive your locks, restore shine and drench your hair with much-needed moisture. Sounds pretty good, right? So which one is right for your hair?
The Balm: Oribe Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Treatment
This luxurious treatment balm combines centuries-old healing oils and extracts, to deeply moisturise and repair while protecting the hair from future damage. Oh, and it features Oribe’s beautiful signature fragrance.
– This melt-in balm formula softens, increases shine & restores the strength of the hair
– Provides UV protection for the hair, while defending it from environmental damage
– It repairs damage & deeply nourishes the hair
– Protects against moisture-loss caused by regular washing & styling
– Helps to reduce frizz & improve manageability
– Vegan-friendly & free from gluten, parabens & sulphates
★★★★★ Man, it’s really REALLY good – Karen (Makeup & Beauty Blog)
“My hair stylist friend used Oribe Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo on me last Sunday, and my hair still feels like silk. It’s like sexy slow-mo Super Bowl commercial hair. My brush slides right through it, all the way down, zooooop, and when I run my fingers through it, the strands feels soft and moisturised, like slippery, twirly cooked spaghetti. Even now, days later and after a styling session with my trusty ghd curling iron, I can still feel the after effects of the mask’s softness and bounce, and seriously, where the heck did all the knots I usually have go? I have, like, no tangles.”
The Mousse: R+Co Palm Springs Pre-Treatment Mask
If your hair is fried from heat styling, colouring or chemical processing, this foaming mousse could be the answer to your prayers. This vegan-friendly, cruelty-free formula is best suited to damaged, dull hair in need of a recharge.
– Features a soothing blend of oils, butters & extracts in a foam-mousse texture
– It conditions, strengthens & adds tonnes of shine to dull hair
– Designed to soften the hair & seal in moisture
– Helps to create a healthy scalp to encourage overall hair health
– It smells like a fresh, summer holiday in a can
– Formulated for weekly use to maintain the condition of the hair
★★★★★ Love it!! – Tracy
“I have curly hair (Sarah Jessica Parker from her SATC days is my hair twin). My ends are damaged to the point they’re straightish, but this stuff makes them curl again. I have used it on damp hair before a shower and tried it overnight on damp ends, I find it spreads easier and you need much less with a bit of water, love it both ways and could see an improvement straight away, have also tried a little as a leave in and works fantastically, great with a bit of twister curl cream over the top too. Definition and volume without dryness and crunch that lasts for 3 days!”
How To Use A Pre-Shampoo Treatment:
Well, it’s pretty simple. Simply apply a decent amount of product to dry hair, ensuring you’ve coated all strands. If you’ve got thick hair, it’s a good idea to section it. Work the product into your hair, and leave for 10-20 minutes before rinsing out in the shower and continuing your usual hair washing routine.
With Oribe’s Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Treatment, I recommend avoiding the scalp, and focusing it on the mid-lengths and ends for ultimate results. If you’re going for R+Co’s Palm Springs Pre-Treatment Mask, this product can also be used after shampooing, like a traditional hair mask, or as an extra hydrating co-wash.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- BTS Access: Products Our Fave Aussie MUAs Buy - 03/16/2018
- How A Hair Diffuser Can Make You Love Your Curls - 03/16/2018
- This Foundation Has A Big Tick Of Approval From Kim K’s Makeup Artist - 03/16/2018