Makeup That Actually Looks After Your Skin
I often get asked to recommend makeup suitable for problematic skin types. Whether it’s acne-prone skin, or skin affected by conditions like rosacea – finding a suitable product that won’t exacerbate those concerns is sometimes a game of trial and error.
That’s where my favourite skincare brand comes in. Luckily, asap also have their pure mineral makeup range, with both a powder and liquid foundation option to suit more intolerant skin types.
Why Opt For Mineral Makeup?
asap’s range of powders and foundations provide a lightweight, long-lasting finish, that allow skin to breathe whilst protecting from sun, moisture loss, pigmentation and the damaging effects of pollution. These powders and foundations also contain skin-loving ingredients to improve and support skin health over time.
no makeup VS asap pure mineral
Powder: pure mineral foundation
– Provides light-medium natural-looking comfortable coverage
– Protects skin from UVA/UVB damage with a natural SPF 15
– It’s a gentle mineral formula perfect for even the most sensitive skin
– Calms & soothes skin, minimising redness & irritation
The Key Ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid microspheres: prevent your makeup from appearing chalky or powdery – plus his ingredient also helps to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimising visible dehydration lines as well as signs of ageing.
Mineral Pigments: are naturally derived, providing a safe option for those with sensitivities to synthetic ingredients.
Zinc & Titanium Dioxide: provide UVA/UVB protection as they calm the skin, boost the skin’s barrier function & minimise inflammation.
★★★★★ Great foundation – Sherilyn
“Love this powder. The shade matches my skin so well it’s hard to detect where I’ve applied it. You can build the coverage but it still has a lovely natural look – not cakey at all. It doesn’t accentuate pores like most powders do. Have been wearing this for a couple of years and after I strayed to another brand on impulse, I came straight back to this one. Love love love.”
– This unique formula combines primer & coverage in a foundation
– Instantly smooths, nourishes & evens out the complexion
– It’s super lightweight & diffuses light for a soft, flawless finish
– Contains gentle mineral ingredients so it’s safe for sensitive skin
– Minimises the appearance of pore size & uneven texture
The Key Ingredients:
Red Clover Flower: helps to minimise the appearance of enlarged pores.
Grapefruit & Vitamin E: provide antioxidant protection, fortifying the skin’s barrier function to prevent environmental damage.
Titanium Dioxide: provides natural protection against sun damage whilst blurring and diffusing light, giving skin a glowing matte finish.
★★★★ Great for everyday wear – Tessa
“I have relatively blemish-prone skin so need something with a little coverage. This is great for everyday wear, decent coverage and wears lightly and lasts for the whole day. It has a creamy texture and spreads easily over the skin. Also love that its all of the above and mineral.”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- Exactly How To Nail ‘No Makeup’ Makeup According To An Expert - January 14, 2019
- Is This Product The Holy Grail Of Moisturisers? - January 14, 2019
- Got Sunburnt & Now You’re Peeling? You Need This ASAP - January 11, 2019