How I’m (Organically) Prolonging My Summer Tan
As summer in Australia gradually draws to a close, a lot of us are dreading the fading of our natural, healthy-looking glow. And while I didn’t manage to get much colour myself this year, I have managed to keep up a golden complexion thanks to my favourite organic gradual tan.
And if you do have sun-kissed skin, this product is a beauty for extending the life of your tan right into the cooler months (it even makes a spray tan last longer).
Why Do I Love Winter Skin?
– Winter Skin is a moisturising, self tanning lotion for the face & body
– With each application, this gradual formula allows you to build to your desired colour
– It contains nothing artificial & is free from synthetic ingredients
– Made with only certified organic & natural ingredients (plus it’s vegan & cruelty free)
– Ideal for extending natural & fake tans
– It’s designed for fair to medium skin tones & will give you a beautiful olive tan
– This formula contains nourishing ingredients to benefit the skin
– Winter Skin is super easy to spread, quick to dry & doesn’t transfer onto sheets!
– It barely has any scent so it’s not unpleasant to sleep with it on
The Key Ingredients:
Aloe vera: has natural healing properties, as well as anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial properties. It also soothes the skin & provides moisture.
Cacao: can help to maintain hydration & skin elasticity, as well as reduce signs of ageing caused by sun exposure.
Grape skin: contains a potent anti-ageing ingredient called resveratrol, which boasts protective antioxidant properties.
Rose geranium: is a floral-scented ingredient great for treating sensitive skin conditions like eczema & dermatitis.
Chamomile: a calming, soothing, anti-inflammatory ingredient that also has anti-fungal, antiseptic & antioxidant benefits (and is great for sensitive & acne-prone skin types).
How To Use:
I recommend exfoliating 24 hours before applying Winter Skin, so you’ve got a smooth and even canvas to work with. I apply this product using my hands, as it’s super easy to blend in for an even result. Don’t forget to wash your hands well with soap after application.
Leave it on the skin for 8 hours before showering. I always apply Winter Skin after my shower at night before going to bed. The best part about this formula is that it dries really quickly, so you don’t feel like you’ve got anything on your skin.
What’s Everyone Saying?
★★★★★ Love this product – Rebecca
“This is a fantastic product. Provides a beautiful golden glow gradually and is really moisturising. Smells great too. I use this almost daily on my legs.”
★★★★★ Beautiful golden tan – Annika
“I’m pretty pale and I’ve been terrified of gradual tan since a cheap supermarket one turned me orange! This product is beautiful – smells great and gives a golden colour on first use. It sinks in quickly and doesn’t stain the sheets at all.”
★★★★★ One of the best – Anna
“I’ve used a few gradual tans, including supermarket brands and brands like St Tropez, and this is the first one that gives me colour on first and second application. And no orange streaks. Nice gentle smell, and lovely golden colour. My go to now, love it.”
★★★★★ Ticks all the boxes – Jacqueline
“This product is great! I was pleasantly surprised by how good the product smells, unlike other tanning products it’s very very faint. It’s a gradual tan so you have to build the colour gradually but i noticed a beautiful glow after 2 applications and there were never any streaks. It actually is a really good quality moisturiser and feels good on the skin. Just make sure you wash between your fingers after application. Will definitely be my first choice from now on.”
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate, Sodashi Enzyme Face Polish and Revlon Professional Nutri Colour Creme.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- Why I’m Using A Men’s Shampoo Right Now - 08/10/2018
- The Only Product I Wear On Makeup-Free Days - 08/10/2018
- Is Sugar Replacing Salt As The Essential ‘Beachy Waves’ Ingredient? - 08/10/2018