How Does This Natural Deodorant Compare To The Others?
I made a conscious decision about 18 months ago to switch to natural deodorant. I’m not vegan, I didn’t change over to natural makeup and I’m not 100% sure I’m recycling properly – so if I can switch to a natural deodorant, so can you.
That’s my roundabout way of saying, it’s not as big of a commitment as you think it is. Sure, there’s a bit of a transition period, but I’m confident you won’t turn back.
View this post on Instagram
What You Need To Know First:
1. It’s important to understand that a ‘deodorant’ is simply designed to neutralise odour, whereas an ‘antiperspirant’ is designed to inhibit sweating.
2. Traditional antiperspirants use an aluminium-based active ingredient to counteract body odour and prevent excessive sweating. This temporarily disables the function of our sweat glands, which inhibits the body’s natural waste removal processes.
3. When making the switch to natural deodorant, your body may need up to 4 weeks to adjust. When you discontinue use of chemical deodorant and allow your body to sweat, as it should, your body goes through the process of ridding itself of built up bacteria.
4. During this “detox” phase, you may think your natural deodorant isn’t working, but your body is just getting used to it (trust me, I’ve been there – give your body a month).
Which One Should You Use?
This is the burning question, and I’ve found in my own experience that trying a few different brands is the best way to find which one works for you. I’ve tried a lot of formulas (read more here), and recently discovered a new favourite – Hunter Lab’s Natural Deodorant.
– It’s a creamy roll-on formula that doesn’t feel noticeable on the skin
– Crafted with skin-nourishing ingredients which form a protective layer over the area
– The ingredients help to absorb sweat & neutralise odour
– Hunter Lab’s Natural Deodorant is aluminium & alcohol free
– Boasts a fresh gender-neutral scent of Vanilla, Rum & Citrus
★★★★★ Dry all day! – Grace
“This deodorant is the BEST natural option on the market and I have tried so many. I’m so glad I’ve finally found one that actually works.”
A Little More On The Ingredients:
This Melbourne-made deodorant is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, of course. So what have Hunter Lab actually used to create this formula?
Coconut Oil: Rich in antioxidant Vitamin E, Coconut Oil has a moisturising effect, whilst also working as an exfoliant.
Jojoba Oil: Works as an effective skin conditioner, softener and smoother.
Shea Butter: Helps to retain moisture by providing a barrier on the surface of the skin, as well as being an excellent natural moisturiser.
Some of my must-have products at the moment are Kiehl's Crème de Corps, Benefit BADGal BANG! Mascara and M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream.
Latest posts by Joanna Fleming (see all)
- You’re Not Going To Believe The Results Of This Blonde Shampoo - 11/20/2018
- Our Beauty Editor’s Favourite Bronzer Revealed - 11/16/2018
- Do You Have Sensitive Eyes? This Mascara Is For You - 11/16/2018