Elemis’ goal is to address specific skin and body conditions using potent formulations that dynamically treat the skin with powerful results, with every new product launched and every spa-therapy treatment performed.
Elemis has four key principles that are core to its philosophy:
1. Defined by nature: Elemis is committed to understanding the earth’s natural resources, continuing to source the latest ground-breaking active ingredients. Nature has a powerful affinity with the skin and when combined with technology it can achieve everything we need for phenomenal skincare and anti-ageing results. Elemis never compromises on quality and quantity of actives, remaining a range that can be trusted for purity, integrity and efficacy.
2. Led by science: Elemis invests in cutting-edge technology to find breakthrough development techniques, which can be used to draw the most active ingredients from natural resources. It is this relationship between nature and science that allows Elemis to create multi-active, efficacy trialled formulations to ensure maximum therapeutic activity in every product. Elemis’ determination to find the ‘next generation’ in medicinal skin science ensures that the brand continues to meet the ever-changing needs of the client.
3. Treatment led: Elemis’ unique point of difference is that every product is created for professional treatments first and foremost. This enables Elemis to gain feedback from their therapists, the laboratory and independent professional bodies before launching into the retail arena. Elemis call this its ‘playground of development’ where it can take up to three years for a product to be perfected. Once launched as a homecare product, it is guaranteed to offer the most effective, professional results.
4. A personalised lifestyle prescription: Elemis sees every customer as an individual; no two programmes of skin, body and lifestyle management will ever be the same. Each person's daily routine and the environment they live in constantly changes and can directly affect long-term results. Personal and unique, Elemis looks to build and develop its customer through awareness and understanding.
Elemis is passionate about what goes into its products and works hard to avoid certain ingredients. Elemis products are not tested on animals.
Elemis products DO contain:
- Medical grade and real therapeutic quantities of actives
- Active natural bases to ensure maximum benefit
- Organic extracts
- First extraction pure Essential Oils, distilled from fresh plant material
- Natural emulsifiers and skin softening emollients
Elemis products AVOID:
- Animal derived collagen
- The use of synthetic perfumes and colouring
- High levels of synthetic detergents and preservatives
- Mineral Oil, Alcohol and Silicones for improved texture
- Genetically modified crops
When Elemis was launched in 1989, the professional spa industry was far from the sophisticated and skilled industry it is today. Elemis has been fundamental in the success of this phenomenal growth and has year on year brought to market new innovations to keep it ahead of the field.