We've all drooled over celebrities' hairstyles at fancy awards, resiging ourselves to the fact that we'll never be able to sport their amazing 'dos.
Here, we catch up with Moroccanoil for a sneak peak into how you can replicate the stars' looks at home!
Inspiration: Inspired by the very glam, ultra-elegant haute couture gowns of Charles James, Moroccanoil created a luxurious style for Georgia May Jagger. The hairstyle draws on 1940s American glamour and Veronica Lake's iconic cascading curls.
- Starting with the top section of the head (full crown), use 1.5" barrel iron to curl hair in a backwards direction. When strands are still hot, pin the curls and allowto cool.
- Next, take the hair on the sides of the head divide into two sections. Using a 1.5" barrel iron, curl each section towards the back of the head. When strands are still hot, pin curls and set to cool.
- Divide rest of hair into 2" sections and using barrel iron to create soft, full, voluminous waves. Then brush this hair to soften the waves into 40's-style waves.
- Remove pins from top sections of hair and lightly finger-brush through ends with Moroccanoil Treatment Light to control flyawaysand add extra shine.
- Spritz Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a red carpet-ready, ultra-shiny finish.
Inspiration: For this year's 'White Tie & Decorations' Charles James-inspired MET Gala, Moroccanoil created a soft updo to complement Claire Danes' elegant, strapless Oscar de la Renta gown. The hairstyle was inspired by Charles James' haute couture evening gowns and his way of elegantly dressing glamorous women.
- Apply Moroccanoil Volumising Mousse to damp hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
- Blow dry hair smooth
- Using a 1.5" barrel iron, curl 1" sections around entire head; apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section before curling to protect strands and keep hair shiny and healthy. Allow to cool.
- Draw a deep side part and finger comb the hair into a very low ponytail, keeping the hair loose-not taut-and secure with an elastic.
- Next, wrap the entire ponytail into a physical knot, pulling end of the ponytail through. Tuck end under and secure entire knotwith pins.
- Lightly pull out face-framing pieces and finish with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a shiny, gorgeous style.
Inspiration: Drawing on this year's theme "White Tie & Decorations" and Charles James' structured approach to fashion design, Moroccanoil created a glamorous, structural updo for Selena Gomez, who attended alongside Diane von Furstenberg. Inspired by the legendary designer'sglamorous approach to haute couture, Selena's style is truly American glamour (plus, the updo puts the show-stopping, stunning earrings on full-display).
- Apply Moroccanoil Volumis ing Mousse to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
- Blow dry hair smooth
- Using a 1.5" barrel iron, curl 1" sections around entire head; apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section before curling to protect strands and keep hair shiny and healthy.
- To create the updo, split hair in three sections: bottom (ear-to-ear); middle (temple-to-temple) and top (full crown).
- Starting with bottom section, create a ponytail at the nape of the neck, and then roll entire the ponytail upwards and pin horizontally for a tube effect. Secure with pins.
- Next, roll the middle section horizontally and pin underneath into the bottom roll.
- Lightly tease the top section for extra volume. Then, roll vertically (similar to a downward French twist) and pin into the middle roll.