I have a confession to make.
You know that old adage about neat shoes and clean nails? I sometimes break it. And by sometimes, I mean pretty often. Especially the latter. Oh, what the heck - I'M A BEAUTY EDITOR AND I WEAR CHIPPED POLISH. (As for the shoes, I love high heels too much to care about whether they're considered "neat").
Now, let me clarify one thing: my unsightly manicure is not by choice. Because, seriously, how exhausting is nail-painting? By the time you apply all the various coats (base, layers one and two, then top), an hour has passed and all you can do is touch your nails. Nothing else! No sleeping, eating, getting dressed or JUST GENERALLY USING YOUR HANDS.
After the varnish has finally set and you can return to a normal, functioning human you get this lovely little frame of , I don't know - an hour? - where your manicure is intact. Do something as shocking as rummage around your handbag, and it's all over. Yes, in a split second, your painstakingly applied polish is RUINED.
Luckily for you guys, life is about to change right now. Let me introduce you to the aptly-named Red Carpet Manicure, a world-first gel polish system that Hollywood is ob-sessed with and so are we. Why?
1. Nails are dazzling and CHIP-FREE for days on end. Get used to these gorgeous colours because you'll be seeing a lot of them (squeee!)
2. The application process is a cinch. The starter pack gives you everything you need, including varnishes and UV lamp, so that your manicure is ready in as little as 30 seconds!
3. You can do the whole thing in your pyjamas (or a ballgown, if you really want to get into the red carpet spirit). That's right - no leaving the house for expensive salon treatments. Can you say happy bank balance?
4. There's no down-time. Right after painting, eat, sleep, forage around and live a normal human life to your heart's delight because guess what? The days of smearing, imprinting or scoring your nail polish are over!
5. When celebrities and style icons, who have the best-of-the-best at their disposal, choose to wear this brand, it's pretty much the beauty gods' way of saying "Go forth and buy this NOW!"
See how simple beautiful nails are with this Red Carpet Manicure tutorial:
Shop Red Carpet Manicure here