Think beautiful hair comes down to genetics? Think again (I hear that collective sigh of relief!)
As Kérastase Paris' Creative Stylist, Sarah Laidlaw, explains, a gorgeous mane is 99 per cent excellent products and maintenance - and as the 2014 Australian Hair Fashion Awards Session Stylist of the Year, we're lapping up her every word.
Getting your chic, slow-mo swish hair is as easy as following Sarah's 1-2-3 method:
1. Haircare rules you should follow everyday
- Protect your hair from damage from styling tools with a heat protectant. Try Kérastase Paris Elixir Ultime
- Keep your locks hydrated with a moisture treatment. We love the Nutritive Collection
- Be gentle when you're handling your hair. Brushing, putting it up and towel drying roughly put a lot of strain on those fine little strands.
Kérastase Paris Lift Vertige
2. Product rotation
If you're using a high quality product like Kérastase Paris, and you're using a prescribed bath and care that is well suited to your hair, you won't need to rotate shampoos and conditioners. However, as your hair quality improves, you should change products to suit the current state of your hair.
Kérastase Paris Mousse Bouffante
3. The top tip for fabulous hair
A lot of people want their hair to look fabulous without doing anything. Hmmm... maybe about one per cent of people can get away with that! Firstly, make the most of what you've got by keeping the quality of your hair at its optimum, then no matter what style you choose, your hair will have that healthy shine and bounce. Secondly, use a good foundation product so that when you style your hair, it lasts all day. Try Kérastase Paris Lift Vertige for impressive root lift, and Kérastase Paris Mousse Bouffante for lightweight body.
Shop Kérastase Paris here